is a stadium with a natural grass pitch in Donetsk, Ukraine that opened on 29 August 2009. The facility is located in the center of the city, in the Lenin Comsomol park. With a capacity of 52,518 spectators, the Stadium hosts FC Shakhtar Donetsk matches and hosted some matches of Euro 2012. It is also one of the popular nightlife spots in Donetsk. The initial estimated cost of the project was USD 250m. USD 30m has been allocated to set up a recreational park around the Stadium. The final cost of the project will reach USD 400m. The name of the stadium represents the shortened name for the Donets basin industrial region, hence - Donbas, however the official name in English spells after the Russian orthography. - Construction began in 2006. The general contractor was a Turkish company ENKA. The Stadium was completed and opened in 2009. About 1600 specialists, mainly Turkish, were involved in the construction.Donbass Arena was designed by ArupSport, who also designed the City of Manchester Stadium (Manchester, England), Allianz Arena (Munich, Germany) and the Beijing National Stadium (Beijing, China). The soaring roof effect makes the Stadium resemble a flying saucer. The stadium has an oval shape and a glazed façade and is located near Regional Sport Complex Olimpiyskiy. The roof of the stadium slopes from north to south matching the landscape and contributing to the natural lighting and airing of the pitch. The external lighting makes the Stadium shine at night. - The Donbass Arena was completed ahead of schedule, but the grand opening was delayed until 29 August 2009 to coincide with the Ukrainian holiday of Miners Day, as well as Donetsk City day. Donetsk is in the Donbass region, a mining region, and the date was chosen for its symbolism. The prime tenants of the facility are named Shakhtar Donetsk ("Donetsk Coal Miners").American Pop/R&B singer-songwriter Beyoncé Knowles performed a show from her I Am... Tour on the opening night of the new stadium. It was Knowles' first performance in Ukraine. Beyoncé performed her famous hit Halo to honour the memory of Michael Jackson, who would have had his birthday on that day. Many state officials attended the show designed by K-events Filmmaster Group. The opening ceremony was awarded as Event of the Year at the Stadium Business Awards on June 18, 2010 in Dublin. Shakhtar Donetsk's first match at the stadium was a 4–0 victory in a Ukrainian Premier League 2009–10 Round 8 fixture on 27 September 2009 against FC Obolon Kyiv. The first international game took place on November 18, 2009 against Greece, which Ukraine lost 0-1 failing to qualify for the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
Built in 1936, the Theatre, is a gem of a theatre with an elegant exterior and world-class performances inside. Donetsk is the home to the Donetsk Ballet company since 1946. In 1992 the Choreographic School, was established in the Theater. - Architecture is decided in classic style. The theatre building was initially designed for drama theatre, construction works started in 1936. Ludwig Kotovskiy was the leading architect and overall management of construction project was scheduled by Solomon Krol'. The theater building is made in classic style. On three sides approaches to the theater are organized. The auditorium and the lobby are decorated with stucco details. Initially, the auditorium was designed for 1300 seats, at the present time there are 976. Above the mezzanine and balcony of the auditorium, as well as in some niches of the foyer there are sculptural busts of composers, poets and decorative vases. The theater is equipped with mechanized stage, the main stage area is 560 m2. It can withstand the load of up to 75 tons. Facades and interiors are distinguished by rich plastic expressiveness, a visual hall and lobby is decorated the sculptured details. Very beautiful visual hall with an enormous crystal chandelier, hanging dress-circle and balconies. Above a dress-circle and balconies of visual hall the busts of prominent composers and poets are set.
is a congregational mosque was named in honor of Akhat Bragin and one of its minarets is named after Rinat Akhmetov. It is the first mosque that was built in Donets basin since the fall of the Soviet Union. In 1993 in the Donetsk Muslim community established Star of the Prophet. One year later the foundation was laid for the region's first mosque - Ibn Fadlan. The plans for the project were taken from one of Istanbul’s mosques. The main sponsor for the building was Akhat Bragin. After his tragic death on October 15th, 1995 the mosque was named in his honor. On the first floor of the mosque is located Ukrainian Islamic University -the first Muslim institution of higher education in Ukraine. The official opening of the Ahat Cami mosque and Ukrainian Islamic University was held on September 3rd, 1999.
Now the center is represented by five floors and a ground parking spaces designed for 400. The total area 4.7ha. On the ground floor is a Boom «Бум» supermarket . The following three stories are shops for everyday, sport or formal wear and stylish shoes. There is a large amount of gift &jewelry stores. - On the second floor there is a store of household appliances and "Foxtrot" «Фокстрот» electornic store and in the neighboring wing of an elite beauty salon Sh & Co. - On the fourth floor trading facility and other sports accessories, massage chairs, and furniture. - Top floor center for children. This 3 000m² is the "Plastylyn (Clay)" «Пластилін» children's entertainment complex. Here is also store for office products.
For '''[http://www.railway.dn.ua/ua/by_station_res/24000/ commuter trains]''' allocated separate platform with its the concourse, To get to the commuter train station go out to the first platform and turn right, a hundred meters from there. - To Kiev 7h, 06:24*, 16:43*, 19:16, 19:41 -*Intercity trains via Poltava 35$ 2nd cl. seat, 51$ 1st cl. - non IC's journey time ~16-17h via Poltava or ~12h via Dnipro. To Kharkiv ~4-6h, 6-8 per day, (between 10:24-22:29). To Luhansk ~3.5h, 1-2 per day, 04:55 & 17:02. To Mariupol 1-2 per day, 06:17 & 23:57 3h. To Simferopol 07:21 ~7.5h && 23:37 ~13h To Berdiansk (South)12:40 7h. To Melitopol-Pas 12:40 ~8.5h
Opened in 2001 at a temple in honor the Iverskoy icon of the Mother of God as the court of St. Mykolskiy convent. The monastery keeps a list Iverskoy icon of the Mother of God, which was written on Mount Athos, by a Russian monk,- in Yanysom Panteleymonova monastery. This icon was in six different churches every place took a religious procession. Monastery parts are the St. Yverskoho church with a bell tower, a nursing corps and business buildings. Also in the monastery is the orchard and berries, the plants was donation from the Donetsk Botanical Garden.
To Kiev 720km (between 07:02-21:38) journey time 12h, 10-12 per day. To Poltava ~8h, 6 per day,(between 14:09-20:30). To Dnipro ~5h, 20 per day,(between 7:00-21:20). To Kherson ~12h, 10 per day, (between 09:40-22:30). To Kharkiv ~6h, 7 per day, (between 06:15-15:30). To Luhansk ~3.5h, 8-12 per day, (between 04:00-19:00). To Mariupol 320km, 5-8 per day, (between 09:40-22:30) 3h. To Simferopol 2-4 per day, ~9h. To Berdiansk (South) 10-14 per day 3.5h. (between 07:40-22:00). +phones=+380 62 3866468, +380 62 3866507, +380 50-4771330
Forged Figures Park was opened in 2001 and is one-in-a-kind object. International Smithcraft Festival takes place in the park every year. The most impressive masterworks remain in the city as a gift expanding the number of park’s “residents” - These sculptural compositions,-more than 160 sculptures, - forged from a metal. In 2002 in a park set 2 arbours. In 2004 in a park set «Arbour of falling in love». In 2005 in a park an alley appeared «Signs of zodiac». In 2009 an Alley is opened to the favourite city.-
This was opened in early winter 2012. This is one of the top aquaparks in Europe. The free-standing dome, made with OpenAire’s exclusive, maintenance-free aluminium truss structure, will be 26m high with a diameter of 85m, and feature a unique retractable design that slides open in a smooth rotating motion, opening up to 50% of the structure to sunlight and fresh air. The 0.5ha Aquatoria, slated to become the largest retractable aluminium-domed indoor waterpark in the world.
is an indoor arena in Donetsk, built in 1975, by a standard design (dated 1956), with a seating capacity of 4,700 people for sporting events and 5,100 for concerts. In 1992 the Palace was closed. The Palace was reconstructed in 2010 in order to host the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championships, during the renovation facade of the building was updated, the facility was equipped with modern freezing system, the stands capacity was increased to 4,000 spectators from 3,500.
n a soviet period usually written as «Artem (Sergeev)» it is the Russian revolutionary, Ukrainian and soviet political figure, founder Donetsk -Krivorozhskoy republics. This imposing six-metre statue on Artema Street is a tribute to one of the Soviet’s most celebrated politicians. A pedestal is executed from granite. A monument is a bronze sculpture of Artem in complete growth. Weight of sculpture 16 tons. A general height of monument is ten with a half meters.
- forged from a rail at the end of 19th century made by blacksmith Alexei Ivanovich - Mertsalovi, awarded at the Paris International Industrial Fair 1900 Grand Prix prize. Depicted on the arms of Donetsk region. A public image of Donbass. There is a project to install copies of the Palm Mertsalova in the capitals of major countries. I 1999 in Donetsk in the area was deployed first copy Mertsalova palm covered with a glass cap, its height is 4 m 20 cm.
A theater except for a stage part is executed as an ancient Greek temple. A main facade with the six clonnad portico of corinth style is turned toward an area, the second facade goes out on boulevard of Pushkin. Visual hall has got 942 places. During the reconstruction of theater in 2000th it was decided to set the sculpture of muse of tragedy Melpomena from ancient Greek mythology. It is represented with a palm branch in hands.
John James was - a Welsh industrialist, founder Yuzovky (modern Donetsk). the third school buildings Donetsk National Technical University and the library profession can symbolize John skid control - British engineer of the plant. The monument cast in the central mechanical repair workshops and established on September 2001. The monument stands on a low pedestal, actually in human height.
The square is named after the theatre situated there — Donetsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre Solovyanenko. The square is served by numerous marshrutkas, buses and trolley-buses. Attractions > Donetsk State Academic Opera and Ballet Theatre Solovyanenko, Cinema Shevchenko, Monument Gurov, Monument Grinkevich, Monument Solovyanenko, Scythian track & Dwelling houses.
This movie theater was one of the first in Soviet Union multihall movie theaters. He went down in memory many the presence of cloak-room. On September 5, 1939 this temple of arts accepted the first audience. The main facade of movie theater has the arched loggia in two floors high. To the reconstruction disposed three halls on a 1400 audience. 62 305-30-75
Opening of monument is timed to the day of city. A monument is a two-meter, pour off from a bronze. Sculpture of singer represented afoot with the overcoat thrown on shoulders, in opinion of townspeople, illustrates popular in our edge miner's song «Went out in steppe Donetsk fellow of young». Kobzon during all creative activity
Sculptural composition in honour the lost warriors-afghan from the Donetsk area. A monument is a sculpture of fighter on the block of stone, which symbolizes the rocks of Afghanistan. Round a block 36 memorial plaques are located with the 254 last names of lost and the area of quiet which is formed a park is selected.
includes the Holy Assumption Sviatohirsk Lavra, the Holy Mountains National Park, an historical and architectural reserve, as well as a resort of national importance; thirty objects, among them a monumental sculpture of Artem and a World War II memorial are included in the historic monuments complex of the reserve
Orgona Concerts. In 2006 the first divine service took place in the Roman Catholic church of Donetsk. It is the first Catholic church in Donetsk. A temple, built at an assistance the catholics of Poland and Germany, was named the name of Christ Reigning. In 2012 Donbass region has 8 Roman Catholic churches.
Tourist information center, Wi-Fi. In 2004 a hotel was opened as an elite five star hotel «Donbass Palas». A hotel consists of 129 numbers, three restaurants, conference halls, also exist a representative floor on which is located 20 presidential numbers.
A museum has in the collection more than 11 thousand works of painting, graphic arts, sculpture and decorative-applied art. Works of the most known masters of 16—20th centuries, and also antiquities are presented in this collection.+phone=+380 62 3048303
it is the exclusive representative of network of galleries of prominent Italian galerista Antonio Paduano. 2000 sq.m. Leader of salon, Karachanskiy Konstantin Edward, during three years personally mastered gallery business in the province of Naples.
A sculpture is a cossack boat made from the zincked steel. A sail at a boat is executed as wings. A boat is in a small pool with a mini-waterfall. On the sides of boat the names of the largest rivers of the Donetsk area are written.
Gourmands start their familiarity with the restaurant from the chef's proposals, the aesthetes prefer the interior, the first thing evaluated by creative people is the genuine original atmosphere of the new institution.
262,2 ga. There about five with a half thousand types of plants sprout on his territory. Structurally a garden is separate on four departments: dendrology and floriculture; mobilizations of vegetable resources; flora.
A monument is a bronze bust. On the right side of pedestal Pushkin and dates of his life is located facsimile. Opening of monument was timed to the 170year from the day of birth of poet and 100year of Donetsk.
The group of «Beatles» brought in a monumental contribution to development of popular music of attaining unprecedented popularity. Figures approximately two-meter and represent musicians during a concert.
It was the first and unique monument, devoted a woman-mother on territory of Ukraine. A woman's sculpture standing in complete growth & holds a little child on hands. A height of sculpture is two meters.
One of the largest exhibition centers on Ukraine, stably working in area of organization and leadthrough of exhibitions. Annually to 20 exhibition measures pass in a center, including international.
Copy of sight of Moscow Kremlin of car-pushki, made in 1586 Russian master by Andrey Chokhovym. Weight is 44 tons, one kernel are 120 kilograms. A copy made at the Izhevskom metallurgical plant.
Degtyarev was the first secretary of the Donetsk regional committee of communist party of Ukraine from 1953 to 1975. During his guidance, becoming of Donetsk happened as a large modern city.
Since 2005 working, made by a joint-stock Mine Company donation, the golden-domed Holy Resurrection Cathedral. Also here is the Saint Barbara chapel (built in memory of the lost miners).
Adopted in honour the christian holiday of Transforming Lord, which is celebrated on August, 19. The first wood church was sanctified in 1886. Reopening in 2006.+phone=+380 62 3377188
Here are 11 sculptures. Made from the Crimean limestone (some sculptures are carved from oak) and are single and group compositions of people, beasts, and also sculpture-abstraction.
A main facade is a portico with ten columns of classic style. An attika level crowns building with the developed cornice and deaf parapet. A socle facing the polished granite.
A sculpture is a figure of archangel as thin youth in complete growth, dressed in the long blown about cloak. In a right arm for an archangel sword, and in left is a shield.
There is inscription on a monument : «Eternal glory to the teachers, students, employees of the Donetsk polytechnic institute, to falling in Great Patriotic war 1941-1945»
Original sculpture from a bronze in human growth - contribution of high confession of art of surgeons, returning a health to the people, to gettings into trouble.
A monument is devoted the creator of Communist party of Soviet Union and Soviet state, first chairman to Vladimir Ilichu Lenin. Sculptor was E. Kuncevich.
More than 2000 exhibits are presented documents, rewards, forms of clothes, railway instrument and equipment, old pictures and other collection material.
Exotic zoons are presented in a mini-zoo: napaceous, snakes, lizards, amphibians, beetles, palochniki, mantis, cockroaches, spiders and other.
Organization of exhibitions, fairs, presentations is conducted in the galleries of Interdonbass; marketings services. +phone=+380 62 3813121
Solov'yanenko is an opera tenor, folk artist of the USSR. A monument is a sculpture of Alexandra Solovyanenko in complete growth
Greatest on a size monument on south-east Ukraine. It is sculptural composition - miner, soldier with a colour and row of stel.
Monument in honour the Olympic champion, prominent sportsman, setting 35 meter records in pole vaults Sergey Nazarovicha Bubki.
The monument is a the bench on which stands a student sculpture in full size. The Student relies on the bench hand and knee.
the first printing book, going out in Donetsk after October, was "Kobza-player", published in 1920 in Mariupol.
Source of Kalmiusa is a place, where ten of springs origin, being one of which is the headwaters of Kal'mius.
A battle tank is set he on the grave of colonel F. A. Grinkevicha. The grave appeared high granit pedestal
Reconstructed in 1956. Building has on facades bas-reliefs of writers-classics of sculptor N.Ginzburga.
Other units: - Str. Sokolinaya, 38 T:(62) 348-89-82; - Str. Zemlyanskaya, 10B, +phone=+380 62 389-18-57
A wide range of appetizers, drinks and cocktails to suit any taste. (Billiards Bar, Hotel Bar)
Tourist place. In the Lenin Komsomol Culture and Rest Park, Open air Sculpture Collection
In 1997 was complimented with the copy of bell sister city of Bokhuma - to Donetsk
Fast Food, Wi-Fi. Other unit Str. Postysheva, 119 phone +380 62 332-55-50
A honour for journalists and writers, whoose lost in Great Patriotic war
About a young communist who died in Moscow in 2nd WW.
Buy transport ticket. Cash desk+380 62 304-7953
Cash desk for tickets, phone=+380 62 3490509
Patronal Feast every September 27
Secondary main station
For local transport.
For suburbs buses
For suburbs buses
Donetsk has a population of around a million people, making it the fifth largest city in the country. Donetsk is the unofficial capital of Donets Basin (Donbass) region, the most industrialized part of the country, and as with the surrounding region, it is mostly populated by local Russians, who consistently favour pro-Russian candidates in the elections.
The swift development of Donetsk began in 1869 due to a Welsh businessman, who started to exploit the coal mines on what was then the southern reaches of the Russian Empire. It was also around this time the local steel industry — which was expanded during the Soviet period — was first established.
World War II shook the city hard, leaving it not much more than mounds of rubbles. After the war, the city was extensively rebuilt, losing its original layout and architecture reminiscent of British towns.