Why is my car burning so much gas?

I have a 93 Honda Accord.. and it usually gets 23 miles/gallon..
but the past couple of weeks it's been burning gas like no tomorrow.

I just filled it halfway last night, and only went to a few places (about 15-20 miles worth of driving), and now it's below a quarter..

Some people are saying I need a tune up.. others are saying it's my air filter, but I just got a new one a couple of months ago and it's still clean.

What is it?
Thanks :)

Recent Questions Cars & Automotive

Try getting a locking gas cap because maybe somebody is siphoning your gas out of your gas tank.

Is your check engine light on? If so take it to an auto parts store and most will test it either for free, or like $20.00 with their little code reader and tell you whats wrong with your car. You then can work from there.

There are just so many things that can cause you to get worse gas millage its hard to say.

how to start my four wheeler without a key

Nah, the check engine light isn't on... I have my own diagnostic tool, but yeah.. it won't read anything.. I know I need a tune up, but I was wondering if that was the cause of it.
Thank you! :)

20 miles isn't enough to tell. It's probably just normal fuel gauge error. Try running it near empty, filling it up to full, and seeing how many miles and how many gallons that is.

Unless something's seriously broken (which would probably make your light go on) you shouldn't notice a change in gas mileage. A tuneup might add a couple mpg, which adds up fast but isn't something you'd notice casually.

One of the most world class famous Board game which you should need to play and share. Thank you!

Yahtzee | Play free Online
Play free Yahtzee online at , No download or registration required.
Theyahtzee.com ·

Hey. I had a problem with overflowing oil on a honda accord 8 with a mileage of 59 thousand. I added 250-300 ml of oil for 500-600 km. I was told that the problem was in the catkillet, so the oil was wasted. The nozzles are really black, but I doubt that this is due to the installation of the forward flow.
I was advised not to touch the caps. The oil was Mobil 1 5W30. Changing the oil to another brand did not give results. Therefore, I found a new car at the auction and bought it. This car shipping company helped me deliver it from Dallas.

Car Shipping Quote Calculator | GetCarrier Auto Transport
Get your free and instant car shipping quotes from top-rated carriers on Getcarrier.com. It only takes 57 seconds to get the best quote and save up to 50% on auto transport!
Getcarrier ·

Ricently i rent Mustang here It was the best car which i drive!

Payless Car Rental at Tampa Airport TPA, Florida FL, USA - RENTAL24H
Payless Car Rental at Tampa Airport [TPA], Florida FL, USA. Compare Payless prices with other car rental companies in Tampa Airport. Price from $ 28.93. Special deals. Dodge Neon, Dodge Stratus, etc.
Rental24h ·

If you are a heavy footer pressing on the gas pedal all the time. The more frequent you do spirited driving, the worse fuel mileage you will get out of your car. I'm not too sure about hybrid cars though but chances are it's the same.

Another reason could be because of your air fuel ratio is lower than the “best” air fuel ratio (AFR) i.e. the stoichiometric with the number 14.7 for gasoline engine. It means for every lbs of fuel, the engine requires 14.7lbs of air to burn the fuel completely.

For turbocharged/supercharged cars, it's common for tuners to set the AFR lower than the stoichiometric number, around 12.5–13 for best torque/power.

Here i also recommend you to read about best air compressor painting for car from here:

Best Air Compressor for Painting Cars 2019 - Review & Top 12 Picks
Top 12 Picks of the Best Air Compressors for Painting Cars. 1. California 5510SE for low-noise work environment. 2. PORTER-CABLE C2002 Pancake Compressor for beginners. 3. Viair 00088 88P Portable Air Compressor for inflating tires. 4. DEWALT DWFP55126 Pancake for multitasking. 5. EPAuto 12V DC Portable tire inflation.
Bestnetreview ·

Yes, old cars use too much gas and gas! Personally, I plan to buy a new car that will consume fewer resources. My old car is too bad and broken, and I sold it to [url= Wreckers Auckland[/url], which helped me get extra money to buy a new one. It was a good decision, which was supported by my wife. So don't even say that this is not cool!

Car Removal Auckland City | Car Removal Services | Delta Cars
Delta Car Wreckers offers FREE Car Removal in Auckland City. Get best value (Up to 15,000 depending various factors) for your used, broken, and scrap cars.
Delta Car Wreckers ·