To seek and to do God's will for your life.
1. the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
2. the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, esp. metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.
3. the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.
4. a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.
5. the general or universal condition of human existence: Too bad, but life is like that.
6. any specified period of animate existence: a man in middle life.
7. the period of existence, activity, or effectiveness of something inanimate, as a machine, lease, or play: The life of the car may be ten years.
8. a living being: Several lives were lost.
9. living things collectively: the hope of discovering life on other planets; insect life.
10. a particular aspect of existence: He enjoys an active physical life.
11. the course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitute a person's existence: His business has been his entire life.
12. a biography: a newly published life of Willa Cather.
13. animation; liveliness; spirit: a speech full of life.
14. resilience; elasticity.
15. the force that makes or keeps something alive; the vivifying or quickening principle: The life of the treaty has been an increase of mutual understanding and respect.
16. a mode or manner of existence, as in the world of affairs or society: So far her business life has not overlapped her social life.
17. the period or extent of authority, popularity, approval, etc.: the life of the committee; the life of a bestseller.
18. a prison sentence covering the remaining portion of the offender's animate existence: The judge gave him life.
19. anything or anyone considered to be as precious as life: She was his life.
20. a person or thing that enlivens: the life of the party.
21. effervescence or sparkle, as of wines.
22. pungency or strong, sharp flavor, as of substances when fresh or in good condition.
23. nature or any of the forms of nature as the model or subject of a work of art: drawn from life.
24. Baseball. another opportunity given to a batter to bat because of a misplay by a fielder.
25. (in English pool) one of a limited number of shots allowed a player: Each pool player has three lives at the beginning of the game.
26. for or lasting a lifetime; lifelong: a life membership in a club; life imprisonment.
27. of or pertaining to animate existence: the life force; life functions.
28. working from nature or using a living model: a life drawing; a life class.
29. as large as life, actually; indeed: There he stood, as large as life. Also, as big as life.
30. come to life,
a. to recover consciousness.
b. to become animated and vigorous: The evening passed, but somehow the party never came to life.
c. to appear lifelike: The characters of the novel came to life on the screen.
31. for dear life, with desperate effort, energy, or speed: We ran for dear life, with the dogs at our heels. Also, for one's life.
32. for the life of one, as hard as one tries; even with the utmost effort: He can't understand it for the life of him.
33. get a life, to improve the quality of one's social and professional life: often used in the imperative to express impatience with someone's behavior.
34. not on your life, Informal. absolutely not; under no circumstances; by no means: Will I stand for such a thing? Not on your life!
35. take one's life in one's hands, to risk death knowingly: We were warned that we were taking our lives in our hands by going through that swampy area.
36. to the life, in perfect imitation; exactly: The portrait characterized him to the life.
The Meaning of "Life" ?
Life is a condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects, I.e. non-life, and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, communication, I.e. sign-mediated interaction and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally. A physical characteristic of life is that it feeds on negative entropy. In more detail, according to physicists such as John Bernal, Erwin Schrödinger, Eugene Wigner, and John Avery, life is a member of the class of phenomena which are open or continuous systems able to decrease their internal entropy at the expense of substances or free energy taken in from the environment and subsequently rejected in a degraded form (see: entropy and life).
A diverse array of living organisms can be found in the biosphere on Earth. Properties common to these organisms—plants, animals, fungi, protists, archaea and bacteria—are a carbon- and water-based cellular form with complex organization and heritable genetic information. They undergo metabolism, possess a capacity to grow, respond to stimuli, reproduce and, through natural selection, adapt to their environment in successive generations.
An entity with the above properties is considered to be a living organism, that is an organism that is alive hence can be called a life form. However, not every definition of life considers all of these properties to be essential. For example, the capacity for descent with modification is often taken as the only essential property of life. This definition notably includes viruses, which do not qualify under narrower definitions as they are acellular and do not metabolize. Broader definitions of life may also include theoretical non-carbon-based life and other alternative biology. Some forms of artificial life, however, especially wet artificial life, might alternatively be classified as real life.
Wickepedia DefinitionWhat does the word Heretic mean
Life is the expression of atoms to experience existence in different forms.What do the gargoyles on Cathedrals mean?
The question assumes that there is one and exactly one overriding meaning to life. That doesn't seem to me to be a valid assumption.Meaning of life..
"It's nothing very special really.
Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
I can't believe that in the last 2 hours NO ONE that is a Douglas Adams fan hasn't seen this question.
There is no meaning of life, nor is there a purpose! We just live a boring, insignificant worthless life, and then we die.Whats it mean to be baptized?
to surve God and get others to do the same Thats what we are told to do but we have free will to do what we please so I think the purpose of life is what you make it,,, everyone has a different calling and I think you can choose to take it or do sumtin elseWhat does the biblecal name Joel mean?
to be loved by someone, beacuse if someone doesnt have love then the world would stop,
duh duh duh duhd udh duh your not smart!whats the meaning of life ?
"What is the meaning of life?"
The meaning of life IS eternity. This fragment which we currently inhabit "called life" is just a part of eternity which is but a classroom from which we graduate to other classrooms along the path toward Oneness in God which is our eternal destiny. Some may reach It sooner than others but all will eventually.
What is the purpose of life?
To be born, learn and experience, and die -- advancing to the next level or incarnation.
Eventually, when we have incarnated enough times to learn all that we wanted to learn, then, we will gravitate back into the Oneness of God.What dose 3:16 mean?
to make a difference. in others lives. to show them even the smallest amount of hope and nice --ness.
and to know jesus. and let Him live through you. without even realizing it [ all the time ] yull be in the best mood and yull have an amzaing glow because yur on fire for God. its noticable to everyone. and yu make them want God in their lives also. and thats the biggest difference yu can make in anyones life.
The point of life is to live it
The world would not stop if there was no love...I guess I know who's not smart.
to be loved by someone and to have advenshers .
We don't have a meaning of our lives. God has a purpose and we're just apart of it.
I did'nt say I was smart.