Can learning disordered still attend college and graduate high school?

Recent Questions Education & School

which learning disorder? because i have non verbal learning disorder and with that you can still graduate and everything...if its a mental challenge(autisim) then yes to graduating highschool but im not sure about college

non verbal learning disorder is were it just takes a little longer to write things out :P

Can I attend school in Georgia for my RN degree?

Well it depends on how severe of a learning disorder you have, but I had a math teacher that was dyslecic.

What the hell is the point of school if you don't learn much?

*dyslexic..... accidentally clicked submit :P

How can enroll in high school as a different person?

autism is not a 'mental challenge'. Not everyone who is autistic has a low IQ.

Can I graduate without doing another year in school?

Yes. Absolutely. I know several people who have dyslexia who have finished college. A lot of colleges will give out as much help as possible to make sure that people with disabilities are able to finish. When I was in my undergrad year I was asked to write notes in several of my classes to be handed out to students. They're very discrete about it, I would hand in my notes to the office and then they would give them to whomever needed them, but there is definitely additional help, and given that IQ doesnt necessarily correlate with a disability, there's no good reason someone with a disability shouldnt attend college.

Scrued up second day of high school! HELP!

There is absolutely no reason why they couldnt

Are exams in schools and colleges really necessary?

There shouldn't be anything that can stop you. From what I know, there has to be a way to overcome any and everything. So if you can, look for a program that must be able to help you called "VESID"
Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities
This will do as much as possible for you

First day of high school

i know that...i help with the steps program at my high school and this is just what i know because i work with the autistic kids at my school...i also vollenteer at a horse barn that does riding for thereapy for the mentally challenged. and both programs i help with consider autism a mental challenge. i am just going by my knowlege, and if i am wrong, i am sorry.

what are american high schools like?

and i forgot to put the etc in the brackets as well...i know there are more learning challenges and disabilities than autism

How many of you actually graduated from college?

i'm currrently doing 6th grade writing,reading,socila studies,science and 5th grade math...can i still attend college and graduate within 2 years?

Why do we learn all this information in school?