What does it mean if my piercing (left earlobe) is black?

Like, when I take out the earring, the hole is black and surrounded by this black...colour I geuss? It doesnt hurt at all, and its not leaking anything, and its fully healed.

5 answers

Recent Questions Health

ANSWER #1 of 5

That happens to me all the time, I think is because I always change my earing everyday and wear them all the time. Meaby that could be it? Could it be that meaby the earing is not so clean?

ANSWER #2 of 5

could be a sign of infection or just a sign ur using the wrong metals like ur allergic or somthing

Can belly button piercings scab?

ANSWER #3 of 5

It means that your left ear is infected you may need to see a doctor.

Does getting your second ear piercing hurt?
ANSWER #4 of 5

It means that you cannot wear that type of earring, or at least not for a long period of time. It doesn't mean your piercing is infected...you're just kind of allergic to whatever those particular earrings are made of.

It's like when you get a ring, and turns your finger green. The metal, or other material the ring is made of is causing a reaction with your skin. Usually, it's the fake or cheap rings that do this. If you were to get a ring made of real gold...it most likely would not turn your finger green.

So, whatever the earring you are wearing is made of...is causing a reaction to your skin. Which means you can't wear it.

You need to try wearing earrings made of real gold or silver. If you can't afford those, there are other options.

Stores (such as Wal-Mart) carry hypo-allergenic, and nickel-free earrings. These are what I have to wear, because a lot of other cheap or fake earrings turn my ear green or black.

Also, surgical steel (like what professionals put in your piercings when you first get them done) shouldn't turn your piercing green or black.

What age can you buy ciggerates, black and milds, etc?

ANSWER #5 of 5

It could be a number of things, one being that you are mildly allergic to the jewelry- you don't have to have pain or swelling for it to be infected. In this case, I would suggest taking the earring out and buying a sterling silver, gold, or hypoallergenic earring. Another cause could be that the earring is cheap and is tarnishing while in your ear. This happens a lot with cheaper jewelry, it's like the 'paint' rubbing off.

How long is a Monroe piercing swollen for?

Add your answer to this list