If i eat 1200 calories and burn 500 calories, will i lose weight?

if I eat 1200 caloires of healthy food a day and burn 500 caloires by walking.. How much weight could I loose in a months time?
will I loose weight?
I'm a 15 year old girl and 132 pounds.
thank u

Recent Questions Nutrition & Fitness  Add Answer

I cant answer how much, but you need atleast 1200 (really you need more) to function, without the exercise...

Simply a Rose to brighten your day,
And maybe lessen the cares in your way;
And also, too, to help you to know,
That in knowing you, many others grow!

You have to burn 500 calories MORE than you eat per day to lose 1 pound per week.

"How can I Lose 1 pound of body weight per week?"

One pound of body fat is equal to about 3500 calories. So to lose 1 pound of weight per week, you need to eat 500 calories/day LESS than you burn.

But it's not a good idea to lose weight simply by cutting calories. As well as decreasing calories you should increase your daily physical exercise. This helps to burn calories and build more lean tissue which in turn burns more calories.

"What should a minimum calorie intake be?"

As a guide to minimum calorie intake, the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) recommends that calorie levels never drop below 1200 calories per day for women or 1800 calories per day for men. Even these calorie levels are quite low.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/harris-benedict-equation/calorie-intake-to-lose-weight.php

Average Teenager Weight

http://lifestyle.iloveindia.com/lounge/average-teenager-weight-236.html

If you eat lettuce for like a month how much weight would you lose?

It's hard to say. The closer you are to your normal weight the harder it is to lose weight the healthy way. atleast that's what I read somewhere. You seem at a normal weight to me.

How much weight can I lose in 2 weeks by not eating?

you will not lose weight taking in more than you put out

Does not eating help you lose weight?

The simple answer is yes. Since your body's natural functions all burn calories just by being alive you burn up roughly 1200 calories.

So actively burning more then that will mean you're burning more then your eating.

That is why all healthy diets say at least 1200 calories a day otherwise you are doing harm to your body.

Your body then starts eating itself basically making you look unhealthy and often making you look fatter as well!

Redbull does it make you lose weight?