How do i clean stainless steel appliances & remove water marks?

How do I clean stainless steel appliances, I have water marks that I can't get out.

Recent Questions Home & Garden

For the water marks and stains on my stainless stove/oven, I used Kleen King (it's a powder made to clean stainless steel and copper). I put a little on a wet paper towel, rubbed gently with the "grain" of the steel, wiped it off with another wet paper towel, and dried it off. Finally something that worked for me! (Another thing to try would be rubbing alcohol. I tried it before the Kleen King, and it worked ok on stains, but didn't get all of the water marks off.) I hope this helps you!

There is a new product called Scratch-B-Gone that actually repairs the grained Stainless steel surface of scratches, burns and stains and then blends in the oxidization and coloring so that there isn't a bright or burnished spot. You don't have to resurface the whole door or whatever is damaged, only the specific area. Its quite amazing, easy to use and effective. And a whole lot less expensive than replacement!

removing marker and fabric paint from walls

I pour white vinegar on a soft cloth and wipe the sink and it removes all the water spots. I sometimes put baby oil on a soft cloth and wipe the whole sink w/this then wipe dry to make your stainless steel shine.

How can I remove sharpie ink from my backpack?

I tried the Stainless Steel Magic (it even says on the bottle that it removes water marks).. It did not work for me, the marks did not even fade.

How to remove large amounts of hairspray from upholstery?

Three Words "Stainless Steel Magic". It is a brand of cleaners called Magic and their Stainless Steel cleaner is awesome because it takes out the water marks so you can spot clean or mildly scrub with a paper towel without having to glove up and grab Brasso or Noxon. Safer and easier: Stainless Steel Magic, comes in pump spray or aerosol.

Iron on patches, can you reuse them?

The soft scrub cleaners tend to do a good job with this.

Money Tree droopy leaves

My stainless appliances are gorgeous! I had water stains that I could not remove. After calling Kitchen Aid when their product didn't work (as well as many other sprays/pads/removers/vinegar) I tried Bar Keepers Friend. *Wipe the surface with a wet sponge (surface can't be dry or it may scratch). Sprinkle a little Bar Keepers Friend on your sponge and gently wipe in the direction of the grain on the stainless steel. Rinse sponge in hot water and wipe again to remove the cleaner. Buff with a dry towel. Gorgeous!

We tried EVERYTHING and nothing worked until we used ARM & HAMMER Super Washing Soda. It's a box of powdered god-knows what. You dilute it with water and it easily scrubbed off all the water spots that we thought were permanent!

Then we used some anti-bacterial kitchen cleaner to get rid of the washing soda residue.

I could not recommend this stuff more highly. Super Washing Soda. Amazing.

KOHLER CAST IRON KITCHEN SINK CLEANER...IT WORKS MIRACLES!!!

After trying every substance advised and then some I decided to try my metal polishing cream. The one I used is call "Mass", it is a fine polishing cream for all metals. I have to tell you it made the stainless steel on my stove look brand new. You probably can use any metal polisher.
It does the job.

Try using ceran cooktop cleaner or Softscrub. Go with the grain with a microfiber cloth. Finish and polish with Stainless steel cleaner like an aerosol which Zep Mfg has and sells at Home Depot. If that doesn't work and they (the water stains) have been embedded for too long, then try using Scratch B Gone, which has a fine and light abrasive pad, and going with the grain should buff out...follow instructions enclosed. Probably a good product to have around for other light scratches on your appliances.

Ok Here is the best and easiest way I have found to get those water stains off my stainless steel appliances. I have been trying EVERYTHING that i read and I found that NONE of them have worked. I went to the store to find Barkeepers Friend, because it was also recommended, but the store didnt haave it. What it did have saved my appliances! Both products are made by Weiman. The first one I used was the Metal Polish. Worked like a dream!!! The stains came right off (and I have been fighting them for 2 years!!!) next I used the Stainless Steel Cleaner and Polish (this one I already had, but it just cleans finger prints etc. Not water stains) The cleaner cleaned up the Polish residue. That is it. So simple. I know it is not some special concoction, but it works perfectly. Enjoy your stainless steel again, I am!!

Windex with vinegar does the trick completely. I could make my own solution of water and vinegar but I am too lazy. Do not even buy all those products on the market.

There are special tools that help clean stainless steel appliances. For example, to clean the surface of the iron from dirt you need to buy a special pencil. I learned all this on this site when I was looking for a suitable iron for my home.

Reviews on the Best Steam Irons in 2019
IronsExpert provide you with comprehensive reviews of the best steam irons in 2019. Check out our list of top rated irons and choose one perfect for your needs.
Ironsexpert ·