Why is the komoto dragon only harmful, (venomously), to other animals, but not each other?

7 answers

Recent Questions Pets & Animals


ANSWER #1 of 7

The one I have ever heard is komoDo Dragon, which live in the Island of KomoDo? is there any other dragon named komoTo?


ANSWER #2 of 7

That's the one, sorry for misspelling

animal crulety

ANSWER #3 of 7

No problem LOl... As far as I know, since the lizard is in the island in my country, they are also dangerous to each other. They are canibalist and eat its youngs. They are involved in the fights between the males to win the females.

Komodo dragon
ANSWER #4 of 7

Yes they are still dangerous to each other, but somehow their saliva is supposedly only poisonous to other species

what kind of make up is tested on animals?

ANSWER #5 of 7

Their saliva is actually not poisonous. The thing is, that the dragon has immunities. When the dragon eats, it feasts on dead, decaying flesh, surrounded by flies that have been in equally disgusting places and more. When it eats, a lot of bacteria and stuff forms in their mouth and gives them a mouth full of so much disease and bacteria that it is pretty much poison. The dragon does have poison that it will inject into another animal it wishes to feed on, giving it fatigue and it begins to slowly die so the dragon can come later and eat its decaying corpse. The dragon's poison is only lethal to animals of different species because the dragon has many immunities, and of course, it has to be immune to it's own poison otherwise it would be like you or me having cyanide in our carnies.

Most venomous and poisonous
ANSWER #6 of 7

the same reason tht snakes arent venomus to their same breed. in order to carry the venom, they have to b immune to it. the couldnt b born w venom, if the would die from it too. theyd die right away, so they evolved to have strong enough immunities to not b effected by their own venom.:)
From me.
For I know all.
Anything else? email me. ermajean2445@hotmail.com

Animals iq

ANSWER #7 of 7

Komodo Dragons are in fact poisonous. They have small venom glands in their lower jaw, but they also have (in the wild) a mouth full of septic bacteria.

The immunity to the bacteria is believed to developed after generations of exposure (i.e. they have inate antibodies).

animal advice

Add your answer to this list


SIMILAR QUESTIONS