When: can you dye your hair while its wet? after you washed it?

I am dying my Moms hair for her. She has sum gray hairs. My Mom wants to know. Will it not work if your hair is wet?

Color takes better on dirty ( not freshly washed ) hair. Wait a day or two and then color it. The color will take better and look richer!

Well I think you should let it dry or just wait until tomorrow...That's only my poinion though...

What's the difference between damp and wet hair?

like beelcee333 said do it while it's "greasy"! I'm not sure why but it's the right way to do it.

Can you dye your hair twice in one day?

It,s not the correct way to color your hair- while wet-or after shampooing. If it,s dry-it absorbs the color properly-I,m a former hairdresser- so I,m giving you proffessional advice! If you color over damp hair-you will mess the color up-"BIG TIME!"you would also be allowing your scalp to become irritated-if you were to freshly wash-and blow dry! Best to wait a day between washings-allow a small amount of natural scalp oil to act as a protectant.

Will bleached hair turn green if you dye over it?

u dye hair wen wet, color hair wet