What's "airbrushing" in art?

Recent Questions Art, Writing & Literature

An airbrush is a small, air-operated tool that sprays various media including ink and dye. It could also mean altering the picture, like when someone is airbrushed it means they're perfected.

okaay thannks

Ideas for art?

If you see cars with custom paintjobs, like flames or other pictures, it's often been done Airbrushing.
I do it myself, and it's really cool. I airbrush, and paint PC cabinets for friends mostly. I'm currently about to do my PS3, including the handcontrollers and all the cables.

I also paint on canvas or just pieces of wood or metal I can find, just to get practice. It's not a VERY difficult thing, but you'll need to have some sence of how to draw/paint, and you'll need at least one paintgun, and a little air-compressor plus LOTS of time to practice.

If you want to, go to my page and look at my pictures, and I'll upload one I made yesterday :)
Look it up on YouTube. There's lots of cool airbrushing to see there :)

Are you an art student?