Have a camera down the throat, has anyone had that done before?

I have got to go to hospital and have a camera down the throat and I dont know what they do .
Does anyone what they do or have they had it done before?

What is Upper gastrointestinal endoscopy?

This is a very useful way to examine your oesophagus, stomach and upper duodenum. A narrow flexible tube (an endoscope) is
gently passed down your throat while you are sedated. This tube contains a very small camera which transmits light and images back
to the doctor.

Sometimes this is used to diagnose a digestive problem you may be having, to remove a foreign object, or a polyp, to stop any
bleeding, or to stretch a narrow area (a stricture). The doctor will look for any signs of unhealthy digestive tissue (redness,
inflammation, a lump or an ulcer) or may take a biopsy to reveal any underlying problems that may not be apparent during the
procedure, (e.g. Lactose intolerance, Coeliac Disease).

The procedure itself takes between 15-30 minutes, after which you will rest to allow the sedation to wear off

After the procedure the patient will be observed and monitored by a qualified individual in the endoscopy or a recovery area until a significant portion of the medication has worn off. Occasionally a patient is left with a mild sore throat, which promptly responds to saline gargles, or a feeling of distention from the insufflated air that was used during the procedure. Both problems are mild and fleeting. When fully recovered, the patient will be instructed when to resume his/her usual diet (probably within a few hours) and will be allowed to be taken home. Because of the use of sedation, most facilities mandate that the patient is taken home by another person and not to drive on his/her own or handle machinery for the remainder of the day.

I hope some of this is usefull. I can try to send you the links. What is the procedure getting done for if its not to personal me askng?

Is it harmful to drink cold water if you have a cough and a sore throat?

No. But I'm doing one today soon to see if I have bleeding ulcers or whats going on in my stomach area. What I need to know is I know ill be sedated asleep but when I awake do I need to stay in the hospital or if need surgery will they do it right there and then. Let me know from honolulu, hi

How do I get rid of my sore throat?

it was the same one withwhen got tooth out and it doesnt like me and I go really ill and dont stop blacking out and then stop breathing so im scared about that as my boyfrirend is coming up with me and I dont want him to see me in that state really.

How do I get rid of the mucus in my throat?

I was asleep the whole time I was having mine done too. The said I would not be asleep, but whatever they gave me knocked me out. Good luck.

Food stuck in throat

if anyone can answer this thatd be real good because I've gotta have it done too your not alone mate. why u got to have it done?

How to heal a dry sore aching throat caused by smoking too many joints and cigarettes, etc?

I dont take very well to be under sedation I black out and I dont cope with it and last time I was kept in hosital.

Throat infection, white bumps.

They should really have given you a detailed discription of what will happen. My nana had one done recently and said it was uncomfortable but didnt really hurt. I will try and get some info on this for you. Mel

Do I have a STD in my throat?

I have had an Esophagogastroduodenoscopy, which is also known as a Gastroscopy (camera down my throat and into my stomach) before, and I had general anaesthetic; I was asleep through the whole procedure. They might take some pictures and do a biopsy (removal of cells or tissues for examination), but after my procedure, all I had was a slightly sore throat.

Where is this mucus comming from when I lay down?

thank you.
did your nana get knocked out so alseep?

How do I know if I have an STD from giving head?

examination
what do they do then ?

ok I left you a commment

Its only a mild anethetic.

Yes, but I didn't feel a thing.