Rent a car under 21 but with parents

I am going to traval in the USA with my parents this summer. We want to rent a car. BUT I am only 20 and they hate driving. Car rental companies do not like drivers under 21. What can happen if they rent a car, but after several kilometres from the car rental company we exchange places and I start driving? Is it vey illegal?

And another question. I read that in NY 18 years is ok to rent a car. But is it ok to rent a car in NY and travel in other states?
Thank you very much for your help.

Recent Questions Travel

Just call several local car rentals - they'll probably be the best to ask...Take care !!

Not sure in NY, but there is one company in the US that rents to those under 21. (18 and up). Go here to find more: ez-rentacarusa.com

Do I need a car for New York?

Thank you. I tried several companies, but they do not permit it. What the consequences may be if I drive the car which was rent by my parents? So that I have no right to drive it. IS it a fine or what?

Car Rides