What should i do to prepare myself for enlisting into the navy?

I am interested in attaining the SEAL contract. Would it help me any if I started maybe going to the shooting range,getting certified in scuba diving, and or skydiving? I am aware of everything else I need done in order to getting into the training, I was just wondering if this would help me in anyway? I don't want to go there unprepared. Thank you.

Recent Questions Education & School

Learn to swim.

Their is not much to prepare for, they will give you a list of things you will need, and once you are there they will tell you everything you need to do. All you have to do is listen.

Thanks for the advice. I was just wondering because I have heard that SEALs are usually skilled in certain areas such as a medic,paratrooper,dive master and other things like that.

I think you can assume that the SEALS are a very select bunch with a world-wide reputation for being "the best of the best".

I trust you will not build up your hopes up too high - only to have them knocked down at a demanding selection assessment procedure - that will be looking for almost world class athlete levels of physical ability and endurance.

I wish you good luck with your ambition to become one of the true heroes of the world, and may your God be with you if you succeed.

--
Best wishes - Majikthise.

Lube up...LOL

Yes I'm pretty familiar with the chances of getting into the teams.I already have vast information on the physical requirements it takes to be a SEAL I was just wondering if anything extra would help me in the long run.