Is it weird that i don't want to celebrate my birthday?

I turn 21 this year and I don't want to have a party. My mum says there's something wrong with me. However, I live in Australia and you don't get any more rights when you're 21 than when you're 18, so I don't see why it's so special.

Recent Questions Entertainment

I would if I were you, I mean your birthday comes only once a year so you should take the time to celebrate it. If you don't want to then why don't you just do something with your friends. But I would celebrate it if I were you.

Maybe you could celebrate in a different way. My soon to be brother-in-law once hired a barge for a canal trip for his birthday. If you don't want to party, just find another way to help your mum celebrate - it's going to be a big day for her when her 'little girl' turns 21, even if it doesn't feel like much to you.

How can I celebrate my 20th birthday, ideas?

I don’t see there is anything wrong to not celebrate; I don’t celebrate all my birthday. I am only celebrating when I am here in the summer not outside of the country.

Whats fun to do on my 24th birthday?

It's freaky if you do that in North America but in China EVERYONE SAYS THERE BIRTHDAY IS ON THE CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY witch I hear is called year of the rat & on Thursday, Febuary 7.

What to do for my 14th birthday party?

theres nothing wrong with it
I've never really celebrated any of my birthdays...because I hate getting older! haha
but theres nothing wrong with you if you dont feel like celebrating

What to do for my 22nd birthday?

I dont think theres anything wrong with it. I mean im only 15 and I begged and pleaded not to have a party. my mom didnt listen to me and I came from church and all my friends were in my kitchen. so... yea.

Cool places to have a 14th birthday party

I kinda felt the same about my 21st- partially because I'm not the type of person who has a lot of really close friends. It kinda felt like a non-event, even though it's usually celebrated as the 'coming of age'. My parents decided they were throwing a party, and they gave me the choice if whether I wanted to go or not. I also ended up having a few drinks with a few friends to celebrate. It's more about reaching a compromise.

Talk to your mum about it- if you're not over the moon about a huge celebration, suggest something like a small family dinner with a few friends. That way, your birthday doesn't go by unnoticed, and it's not too over the top. I've had friends who have gone past their 21st birthdays without celebrating it, and they have regretted it.

What to do for my 19th birthday?

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. To me it's another day another dollar!

Ideas for a 16th birthday?

Thanks, but I'm male, not female.

what to do for my 17th birthday

That's alright; I'll forgive you just this once. lol

Is 16 a special birthday?

no thats not weird at all I don't

18th birthday ideas