Is it a bad thing to be nervous about going to the dentist?

No its not bad to be scared

nah but ull get over nervousness soon enough lol

How do I stop myself from feeling bad about my self and not going

depends on how often you go to the dentist
pepole have different levles of stress

so the awnsew from me would be yes and no

Voices telling me to do bad things

well...yes and no. they slowly insert the needle of novacaine into your gums. that is kinda umm...doesnt feel very good. but after that. your numm. well depends on whuts wrong with your teeth. if there like really badly decayed then chances are that novacaine will not work very good. trust me. im toothless. yes I am the 1 who you laughed at cause I had all of my teeth removed and guess whut? I really dont care...have fun.

Is it a bad thing if you cant get to sleep?

If it's "bad" then you're in the company of thousands and thousands of "bad" folks... :)

Being nervous is normal...most people do not look forward to going to the dentist.

p

is it bad to swallow those soothers things that numb your throat ?

thanks for the answers, and I have only been to the dentist one other time in my life. I need a bit of work done. :( and I am kinda scared of the pain and what to expect. my boyfriend just had two teeth pulled last week and dealt with dry socket all weekend he was in a great deal of pain. :( I'm so nervous!

If you are addicted to something that is not necessarily a bad thing, should you still get help?

dont worry about it it dosent hert much...
well...that is if you arnt getting teath pulled out

they put me to sleep when they pulled my teath out

mabie that would be the better option for u
if your getting teath out

Can to many surgeries for the same thing be bad for you?

it isnt bad to be afraid of the dentist everyone has fears and if when you were little you didnt have a very good experince or didnt go offten then that wont help

Hope I helped
Bye,BYEXX

Can you go to counseling to work on self esteem/confidence or is it just for things like depression and other problems like that?

That's 100% normal. I don't think there are many people out there who look forward to going to the dentist. Don't worry, I'm sure it'll be just fine... and you'll feel a lot better once it's all done and over with :)

How come I have really bad thrush that won't go away?