How do i clean some old rusty necklace and earrings?

My cousin salon been abandon for several yrs and i went today to get a handful of accessories but there alot rusty and old..what can i clean them with?

You can put them in jewellery cleaner,
that usually helps that :D

jewelery cleaner?..where..whats the product name..lol

Hello kitty necklace

wht materials are they? u can use toothepaste that worx alota the time

Does an earring suite me?

If they are made of real silver then use toothpaste.

Proactive or clean & clear??

there not real though...there like 7 dollars.. silver..

How do I know if my pearl necklace is real?

there fake

How many earrings can 1 earlobe hold?

If you're desperate, try this: Mix baking soda and vinegar in a small dish. Grab a piece of aluminum foil and crumple it with the shiny side showing. Then dip the aluminum foil in the baking soda-vinegar mixture and use it to scrub the jewelry. It's worth a try... however, rust on jewelry usually means it is fake, or not made of real gold or silver--meaning, you can't remove it. If it IS silver, they actually sell silver cleaning cloths in the jewelry department of most stores (Macys, Sears, JCPenney, Boscovs, Nordstrom).

How do you get clean after 8 hours of caving?

To give you a better answer, I would need to know what the jewelry is made of. Is it gold, silver, platinum, etc...?

You can give this a try, it may work depending on the type of jewelry.

Place some aluminum foil in the bottom of a glass dish, and then place your jewelry in the dish on top of the aluminum foil.

Heat about quart of water either on the stove, or in the microwave until it comes to a boil. Then, add about 1/4 cup of baking soda, and stir it until it is completely dissolved.

Pour the mixture over the jewelry in the glass dish until the jewelry is fully submerged in the mixture.

Leave it there for about 10 minutes to an hour, depending on how bad the jewelry is rusted or tarnished. You should be able to see the jewelry becoming cleaner, and the mixture working.

After it looks like the jewelry is clean, remove the jewelry from the glass dish and wipe it with a dry, soft cloth.

Does a mood necklace actually know your mood?

you cant remove rust from jewelrey made of cheap metal, you could help prevent it but you cant remove it. if it was sterling siler or gold then you can remove tarnish, which is the black coating thr can get(as real silver and gold doesnt rust)

What can I use to clean my earrings I got at a thrift store with?

here some pics of what i have they look almost like these pics

How do I get a knot/tangle out of my necklace?

and this one

Is there an alternative to Clean&Clear?

............

did u c the pix i uploaded ...would the baking soda work on it?

Get some just plain tooth paste and scrub them with just a old tooth brush if you want or use baking soda with vinegar or there is also is cleaning cloths that help silver and gold or either at stores like(macys,sears,walmart any jewerly stores most likely)also toothpaste will not hurt them even if there fake.hope i helped.-courtney:)

You could try surgical spirit which is good for keeping jewellery in good condition, it's also fab for sterilising. :) x