Why do we now call supper "dinner"?

and lunch used to be Dinner?
What happened i was talking to my grandpa who was telling me about this, can someone help?

Not all people do. It just depends on where your from on what they call it. Here, we still call it supper.

Like Ashley says. It depends on where your'e from. Did you move from one state to another recently? Dialects and... (brachysphasia.......errorrrrr.......regional speech variances?....ACCENTS!!!)
... accents Influence the synonyms people use for day to day events.

Ridde, A woman shoots her husband, can you guess?

I have never heard lunch being called dinner. For us in Oz, "supper" is more of a late night snack but dinner is dinner and lunch is lunch. Breakfast can be called brekkie or brunch.

What can I do to get through my bday?

maybe everyone is afraid of last supper

What word is right...DINNER...Or...SUPPER?

When I lived in Maryland I heard people use the word dinner more than supper, but now in North Carolina the word supper is preferred.

Are you getting ready to go to bed or just waking up?

Supper is like an after dinner snack.

Riddle, can you figure it out?

Here in North Carolina supper is like the big dinner meal where you sit at the table.

When you eat dinner, do you normally eat it at the kitchen table with your family, or by yourself?

...my grandmama. Calls it dinner O.o

Do you think its reasonable for a husband who works to expect his stay at home wife to have the house clean and dinner cooked every day when he comes home?