The only way to progress in life, is to give yourself a kick in the butt sometimes.
But it’s not easy. How do you bend your foot around so that you can swiftly (and with strength) kick yourself down there?
But if you figure out how to do it, that sharp, swift and painful kick would be the best thing that you ever did for yourself.
Now since you can’t physically kick yourself, you could ask a friend to do it for you. Failing that, here are some things you can metaphorically do to get you started:
1. Challenge your assumptions about something. Why have you accepted the standard way of doing things? Why not do something different?
2. Take a different and new way to work tomorrow.
3. Go to bed early so you can get some more rest - try it for a month.
4. Say “yes” to more things, instead of maybe.
5. Smile more.
6. Drink less.
7. Say “no” to anything thats not gonna benefit you our your immediate family’s time.
8. Walk for a few miles instead of driving.
9. Do something that makes you feel embarassed.
10. Plant some seeds.
All the above things are designed to get you out of your comfort zone. Because when you are unconfortable, your mind gets rewired and you begin to see things in a completely different way.