What fish will go with my betta?

What fish can I put in my tank with my betta.

I thought a Betta male lived alone? Research. I would go to your local library and check out a book on Betta fish or Aquariums and what fish you can put in together. People have forgot the long lost art of research! Books are free at the library.

Actually male bettas are pretty good community fish. Their agression is mainly against other male bettas. Choose other community fish that do not have long fins, are about the same size as your betta, and doesn't look to much like a betta since sometimes bettas mistakenly attack other similar fish.

What fish can live with a male betta?

only a female betta
& that's if it'll accept her
betta's aren't called chinies fighters for anything
they'll fight & kill any fsh you'll put in ther tank enless the fish kills them first or(like just said up there ^) if they accept the female betta

What kind of fish can live with bettas?

I've never had problems with male bettas and other fish. They just sort of live in their own world. They won't attack unless they feel threatened and they only feel threatened by another male of the same species or one that looks like it. Goldfish, other tropical fish, they're not that picky. Just remember that you can't put goldfish and tropical fish together because they require different temperatures to thrive. Your betta however, will do fine in either cold or warm water. They're pretty hardy.

Why don't betta fish like other betta fish?

trus me only a female betta. there pretty tough and and kill your other fish.

What is wrong with my betta fish?

I dont no well put a clown fish I guess

What fish can go in the tank with a Betta?

With the nature of your betta it's probably best to get smaller non threatening fish that dont look like the betta and wont attack it. I suggest minnows.

Why is my betta fish fat on one side?

Im not sure where some of the ppl are coming up with answers... Bettas are compatible with many different kinds of fish. It mostly just depends on the size of the tank, for instance, I have a male betta in with several different types of tetra, clown loach, plecos, danios, and small catfish for over a year with ZERO problems at all... in a 55 gallon tank... in any tank under 5 gallons I would only keep them alone or with a female... 10-35 gallons any timid community fish that does NOT have bright colors or flowing fins... and in larger tanks, such as a 55 gallon tank, they can be kept with most community fish. I have even had alot of success with keeping 2 MALE bettas together in large tanks (55 gallon+) but still, wouldnt suggest it unless you have 8-12 hours basically straight to sit and watch them to make sure there are no conflicts! Hope that helped out some?!

How do you know if a Betta fish is dead?

Bettas are compatible with many different kinds of fish. It mostly just depends on the size of the tank, for instance, I have a male betta in with several different types of tetra, clown loach, plecos, danios, and small catfish for over a year with ZERO problems at all... in a 55 gallon tank... in any tank under 5 gallons I would only keep them alone or with a female... 10-35 gallons any timid community fish that does NOT have bright colors or flowing fins... and in larger tanks, such as a 55 gallon tank, they can be kept with most community fish. I have even had alot of success with keeping 2 MALE bettas together in large tanks (55 gallon+) but still, wouldnt suggest it unless you have 8-12 hours basically straight to sit and watch them to make sure there are no conflicts! Hope that helped out some?!

Do betta fish sleep?