Is buddhism a religion?

Most people don't see it as religion. They usually see it as a philosophical way of living. Some people see it as a religion. It all depends on the way you perceive Buddhism.

That's what we learned in social studies it was one of the five major religion but some people just thought of it as a lifestyle instead of a religion because they believed that it takes a full life time until you can be enlightened. I think. Sorry that was sixth grade I'm a little rusty.

Is buddhism a religion?

What is your religion?

Yes, Buddhism is a religion. It is one of the large religion in the word. It is the fourth large religion in a word. Lumbini is the starting place of Buddhism, where Gautam Buddha was born. Buddhism was started by Lord Goutam Buddha about 2500 year ago.

Religion