The current church exists on the place of an older one that was burned down in 1689 during an uprising. Much of the valuable religious items were saved prior to the church's destruction. The church was rebuilt in 1836 under the design of Andrej Damjanov and its iconostasis was made of walnut and golden leaf. The church is made of stone, has a portico, and a pitched roof with a cupola.
One of the six remaining towers of the Middle Ages and Ottoman period. Built in 1372, it is divided into three floors. The uppermost was used as a home for the local Turkish beys (lords). The tower, now held by the Kratovo City Museum, is open to the public and contains exhibits. The terrace at the top is also open to visitors, providing views of the town and its surroundings.
A stretch of the riverside walkways in central Kratovo has been renovated, creating a lovely promenade from Hotel Kratis to the Jokširski Bridge. It provides a different vantage point to see the town's old homes and bridges, as well as the greenery along the river.
Kratovo's bus station is located in the western end of town, where St George of Kratovo Street splits off from highway R1205. There are daily bus connections between Kumanovo, Skopje, and Štip. This is the cheapest method of getting into town.
Built in 1925, this church is dedicated to St George of Kratovo who was burned at the stake in 1514 for not accepting Islam as his religion. It has one cupola over the entrance.
This bridge is newer than the other five, having been built in 1833 by Skopje nobleman Havzi Pasha. It crosses one the Kratovo River's tributaries in the southern end of town.
The westernmost of the medieval bridges, the Grofčanski Bridge has two arches, under one of which the river runs. The bridge was built in the early 1700s.
Located between the Grofčanski and Jokširski bridges, the Čaršiski Bridge has a rounded arch unlike the two neighbouring it which have pointed arches.
Built in 1365, the tower is named after its last owner Georgi Zlatkov. The rectangular tower with three floors stands 6 m (20 ft) tall.
The only hotel in Kratovo. It is located at the confluence of two tributaries into the Kratovo River. It has a restaurant and bar.
Crossing a tributary of the Kratovo River in southern Kratovo, this stone bridge consists of a single rounded arch.
Located just west of Krste's Tower, the Srez Tower is in rougher shape than its neighbour and could use a new roof.
This restaurant, which means "the guesthouse at Spiro's", sometimes has live music. Located in the City Park.
This square tower is in very good condition. On the entrance side, it has four windows and two balconies.
This tower is located north of the Kratovo River and stands 13 m (42 ft) high and 6 m (20 ft) wide.
The stone single-arch bridge connects the tannery neighborhood to the Sultan Murat neighborhood.
With a capacity of 1,800, it is home to FK Sileks of the First Football League.
Founded in 1993 within a historic Ottoman-era home.
(Not the same place as Persydo Cafe)
By Macedonian standards, Kratovo is not a major destination for tourists. By European standards, Kratovo is as far off the beaten path as you can get. But rest assured, if you venture out to this corner of the Balkans, you will find more history and character packed into Kratovo than other towns many times its size.