An archaeological museum and art gallery. Notable for the The Iguvine Tablets, which were seven bronze tablets discovered in Gubbio in 1444. They are also known as the Eugubian tablets. The earliest ones were probably written in the 3rd century BC. The tablets are written in the Umbrian language and shed much light on the grammar of this ancient dead language.
Built in 1332‑1337, this is an impressive public building. It required tremendous engineering work to create a large enough flat space on the side of a hill in order to construct the Palace, which together with the Piazza della Signoria in front of it, was erected on a massive arched structure.
Localita' Petroia - 06020 Scritto di Gubbio. Situated on a strategic location between Gubbio and Perugia overlooking the Chiascio valley. Petroia Castle has been the scene of many important events of the 12th to 14th centuries. €110-250 for a double.
The piazza commemorates 40 people of Gubbio shot by German forces in June 1944. A mausoleum has been erected in their honour. In the piazza is the church of St. Francis (S. Francesco), after St. Francis of Assisi who lived in Gubbio for a time.
This is a Gothic 14th-century church. The façade, which was restored in the 16th century, has a beautiful Gothic portal and is richly decorated. Inside there are ten arches that support the roof. Contains some interesting paintings.
An ancient palace that was restructured in the 15th Century in Renaissance style. Many of the original furnishings ended up in the Metropolitan Museum of New York.
St. Ubaldo is the patron saint of Gubbio and his ashes are preserved in an urn on an altar in the church. The cloister is particularly attractive.
Entirely restored in 2001 the hotel Tre Ceri is composed of two buildings from around the 14th century near via dei Consoli.
This well-preserved building hosts various cultural events in the summer months.