The departure is at the church. The circuit is 11.5 Km long and lasts 3h. Most of the paths are hollow passable paths the whole year and with no major difficulties. The circuit goes until the limit of the town with Pleumeleuc and Breteil.
Chapel known as "frairienne" (celebration of the patronal feast of the village) built in the XIXth century. The oratory is located next to the chapel and is dated from 1864. The monumental cross is probably from the XVIIth century.
Speciality of "poule coucou de Rennes" (hens kept for their eggs and for their flesh) and grilled beef made in a clay oven.
2 mobile homes and 10 chalet-style houses near the pond of Le Blavon, pedestrian paths and the equestrian centre.
The pond of Le Blavon is at 1500 m from the town and it offers a pleasant environment to fishermen and visitors.
The pond of Le Blavon is near the town and offers a pleasant environment to fishermen and tourists.
2 guesthouses in the middle of a pedestrian path, near a pond and a farm doing bioagriculture.
The actual church has been built between 1885 and 1888 by the architect Arthur Regnault.
Bottled cider made from traditional methods and a selection of apples of the district.
Near the pond of Le Blavon, pedestrian paths and the equestrian centre.
The name of Bédée would come from the Gaulish "Bedo" (= pit) or "betu" (= birch) and the suffix -iscum. The transcription of the name has changed: Bedesc in 1120, Bidisco in 1122 Bedensi in 1152, Bédec in 1187 and Bédiscum in 1330. It is from the XVth century that the name of Bédée appeared in its actual writing. It can be mentioned that there is a character named Bède the vulnerable, a monk living in England during the VIIIth century. This rare name looks curiously like Bédée. Some Anglo-Saxon monks colonised Brittany in a distant past and left their name: Saint Méen, Saint Malo, etc. Searches in that direction could enable to consolidate this hypothesis.
During Prehistory, humans lived on the actual territory of Bédée. Indeed, prehistorical tools have been found (ex: polished axe) in villages such as la Morinais, la Rioulais and la Motte Besnard. Archaeological excavations took place in 2011 on the site of the ZAC du Pont-aux-Chèvres and enabled to find a site dated from the Bronze Age.
During the Gallo-Roman period, men also lived on the territory of Bédée. Excavations have also been done and ceramics, vases, piece of pottery, and above all a statuette of a mother goddess in red terra cotta in the village of la Métairie Neuve have been found.
It is from the Xth century that feudal mottes were developed. They were the first castles, built in wood and on heights, on mounds of earth. One of these feudal mottes can be found at the entrance of the town; it is the motte Jubin. In 1122, Donoald, the bishop of Aleth gave the monks of Saint-Melaine de Rennes abbey the priory of Bédée which became then a parish. But it has been politically taken in charge by the Lord of Montfort-sur-Meu who took taxes and who did justice.
The Lord Charles de Botherel, adviser in the Parliament of Brittany, proclaimed the town of Bédée independent in 1715. In 1744, he became Lord of Bédée. To show its prosperity, the town of Bédée knew a strong development of manors and castles at this time (The manor of the Blavon, destroyed in 1930).
The population of the town is in favour of the changes brought by the French Revolution, above all after the end of the reign of the Terror. The major revolutionary event is the one celebrating the execution of Louis XVI, accompanied by a hatred oath to royalty and to anarchy. It is celebrated since 1795.