You must be wondering about the meaning of NSP. Well, NSP is the short form of National Scholarship Portal. It is a Central Government website portal where you will find every kind of scholarship which a student desires or requires. From post matric scholarship to OBC scholarship, NSP lists almost all the scholarships started by the Central Government as well as several state governments. So, every scholarship which is posted on NSP can be referred as NSP scholarship.
And, if you are looking for other scholarships which is started by organisations other than government, then you can find them on a portal which I myself found quite useful. This scholarship portal is Buddy4Study which lists not only government scholarships but also those launched by corporates, NGOs, individuals and other such entities.
While browsing for higher education in management, I came across a large pool of scholarships divided under different categories. I am listing below some of them which I thought might be beneficial for you as well.
- Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme for Minority Students – Started by the Government of India, this scholarship provides INR 1000–INR 6000 to selected students of minority communities. This is a pre-matric scholarship which is only applicable for students of class 1 to 10.
- Bloom Buddies Merit cum Means Scholarship – Initiated with the aim to strengthen the foundation of education from an early stage, this scholarship is for students of primary level, i.e., class 1 to 6. Under this scheme, selected students are eligible to receive scholarship of up to INR 10,000 or tuition fee.
- Pre-matric scholarship for disabled, Maharashtra – This is a state scholarship which only the students with the domicile of Maharashtra can apply. Students with minimum 40% disability which includes blind, hearing impaired, low vision, mentally retarded, orthopedically handicapped, mentally ill and leprosy cured, are eligible for this scholarship.
Post matric scholarship
- Ministry of Labour and Employment Pre and Post matric Scholarship – Launched by the Labour Welfare Organization which is under Union Ministry of Labour and Employment, this pre and post matric scholarship is for children of Beedi Workers, Iron ore, Manganese Ore & Chrome Ore Mine (IOMC) workers, Limestone & Dolomite Mine (LSDM) workers and Cine workers. Under this scheme, students who are studying in government or government recognised institution are eligible to apply. Selected students would receive a scholarship amount of up to INR 3000.
- HDFC Educational Crisis Scholarship – Initiated with the objective to support socially and economically disadvantaged students, this scholarship is for school students studying in class 6 to 12, undergraduates and postgraduates. An amount of up to INR 10,000 will be given to selected school student to cover their annual school fee and selected university students will receive tuition fee of maximum INR 25,000.
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) – With the aim to encourage young scholars to take up research as a career, this scholarship was started by the Department of Science and Technology (DST) for students of class 11 and 12 studying Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and/or Biology, BSc 1st year or Integrated MSc 1st year. A scholarship amount of up to INR 7000 per month would be given to the selected fellow and a contingency amount of up to INR 28,000 per annum would also be given.
Scholarships for professional courses
- Vidyasaarathi-Thomson Reuters scholarship – Started by Vidyasaarathi in association with the Thomson Reuters Corporation, this scholarship is for those students are pursuing any full-time MBA, PGDBM, MFM or MMS course. The family income of these students should not be more than INR 6 Lacs in order to be eligible for this scholarship. A scholarship amount of up to INR 50,000 will be granted to the selected students.
- UGAM - Legrand Scholarship Program – Offered by Legrand India, this scholarship is for students seeking admission or have secured admission in B.Tech./BE/B.Arch. courses. Only girl students are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Selected students will receive either a scholarship amount of INR 60,000 per annum or 60% of the tuition fee, whichever will be less.
I hope this list will help you achieve your goals and if you need more such exciting information on scholarships, register with Buddy4Study. It is not just a scholarship information platform, it also provides dedicated support to students regarding scholarship application and any other enquiry.